[geeks] its what you carry with you

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Wed Jul 7 09:56:51 CDT 2004

Vegetables are an odd naming convention for knives.

I actually don't carry most of the stuff i listed in my pockets.
I only carry stuff in my pockets when going between the car
and my destination.  Much like you, i hate to have anything in my
pocket other than my bathroom key and money clip.  The phone,
card holder and keys are only carried when i'm leaving the
office an then they are promptly placed in the respective
locations within the car, not my pocket.  The H&K is with me
almost all of the time.

/KRM

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:29:54 -0400
Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 02:56:26 -0500
> Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> > So, what do YOU carry in your pockets?
> >

> The only thing I carry in my pockets, with any regularity, is
> my Ken Onion Leek - a knife manufactuered by Kershaw.  One of
> the nicest knives I own.  The blade has an assisted opening
> mechanism, and it's wicked fast and wicked sharp.  In lieu of a
> damascus steel folder(like, from A.T. Barr or someting), this
> is probably the best small knife I'll ever own.  If I ever work
> somewhere where I can't wear jeans to work, I'll probably get a
> Chive (similar knife, smaller blade) so that it's more comfy in
> slacks.
>
> My keys usually don't go in my pockets.  My phone, well, my
> phone stays in the car or on my desk - I hate phones.  I do
> carry my wallet, but I take that out of my pocket whenever
> possible - I don't even drive with it in my pocket.
>
> A multitool would ruin my day.  As you might have guessed by
> now, I travel light.  A multitool, I've found, is too heavy and
> bulky for me to comfortably carry around.  I have one in my
> desk, one in my car, and a couple other strewn about, but they
> never go in my pockets or on my belt.  They be uncomfortable
> for me.
>
> --
> Kurt                 "I believe that pipe smoking contributes
> to a kurt at k-huhn.com       somewhat calm and objective
> judgement in all
>                       human affairs."
>                                                    -- Albert
>                                                    Einstein

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/