[geeks] its what you carry with you

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jul 7 09:29:54 CDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 02:56:26 -0500
Bill Bradford wrote:

> So, what do YOU carry in your pockets?

The only thing I carry in my pockets, with any regularity, is my Ken
Onion Leek - a knife manufactuered by Kershaw.  One of the nicest knives
I own.  The blade has an assisted opening mechanism, and it's wicked
fast and wicked sharp.  In lieu of a damascus steel folder
(like, from A.T. Barr or someting), this is probably the best small
knife I'll ever own.  If I ever work somewhere where I can't wear jeans
to work, I'll probably get a Chive (similar knife, smaller blade) so
that it's more comfy in slacks.

My keys usually don't go in my pockets.  My phone, well, my phone stays
in the car or on my desk - I hate phones.  I do carry my wallet, but I
take that out of my pocket whenever possible - I don't even drive with
it in my pocket.

A multitool would ruin my day.  As you might have guessed by now, I
travel light.  A multitool, I've found, is too heavy and bulky for me to
comfortably carry around.  I have one in my desk, one in my car, and
a couple other strewn about, but they never go in my pockets or on my
belt.  They be uncomfortable for me.

--
Kurt                 "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a
kurt at k-huhn.com       somewhat calm and objective judgement in all