[geeks] its what you carry with you

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Wed Jul 7 08:18:52 CDT 2004

keys (weekday set w/ SGI key ring or weekend w/sterling key ring)

sterling money clip

small leather card holder (Tumi) for DL, credit cards and such

Treo 300 Palm phone

H&K compact .40 cal w/ Uncle Mike's holster

occasionally a Benchmade brand balisong knife, but not usually.

/KRM

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 02:56:26 -0500
Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> So, what do YOU carry in your pockets?
>
> I have:
>
> My keys and carabiner: http://www.mrbill.net/keys.jpg
>
> My Cold Steel Voyager (Large, 4" Tanto blade):
>
> http://www.coldsteel.com/folding-knives-voyager-series.html
>
> My Leatherman Juice S2 (gray):
>
> http://www.leatherman.com/products/tools/s2/default.asp
>
> My cell phone (Sony Ericsson T226, which replaced a
>
> Motorola MPx200, which replaced a S/E t68i).
>
> Until I got the Leatherman Juice about a week ago, I carried a
> Pulse:
>
> http://www.leatherman.com/products/tools/pulse/default.asp
>
> If I keep carrying the Juice instead of the Pulse, I think
> I'll get a smaller knife (either the Voyager "Medium" size
> with a 3" blade, or a CRKT K.I.S.S.).
>
> I've been really happy with the Voyager since I got it for
> myself as a Christmas present last year, but its just way
> too big compared to the new Leatherman.
>
> I might occasionally leave the house without my knife (maybe
> once or twice a month - I'm more likely to leave my cell phone
> behind than I am my pocket tools), but I won't go anywhere
> without at least a Leatherman of some sort in my pocket.
>
> I feel naked when I don't have it available, and have been
> known to drive the 30 miles round-trip to the office on a
> weekend if I accidentally leave it on my desk there on a
> Friday.
>
> Bill
>
> --
> bill bradford
> austin texas

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/