[geeks] its what you carry with you

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jul 7 02:56:26 CDT 2004

So, what do YOU carry in your pockets?

I have:

My keys and carabiner: http://www.mrbill.net/keys.jpg

My Cold Steel Voyager (Large, 4" Tanto blade):

http://www.coldsteel.com/folding-knives-voyager-series.html

My Leatherman Juice S2 (gray):

http://www.leatherman.com/products/tools/s2/default.asp

My cell phone (Sony Ericsson T226, which replaced a

Motorola MPx200, which replaced a S/E t68i).

Until I got the Leatherman Juice about a week ago, I carried a Pulse:

http://www.leatherman.com/products/tools/pulse/default.asp

If I keep carrying the Juice instead of the Pulse, I think
I'll get a smaller knife (either the Voyager "Medium" size
with a 3" blade, or a CRKT K.I.S.S.).

I've been really happy with the Voyager since I got it for
myself as a Christmas present last year, but its just way
too big compared to the new Leatherman.

I might occasionally leave the house without my knife (maybe
once or twice a month - I'm more likely to leave my cell phone
behind than I am my pocket tools), but I won't go anywhere
without at least a Leatherman of some sort in my pocket.

I feel naked when I don't have it available, and have been known
to drive the 30 miles round-trip to the office on a weekend if
I accidentally leave it on my desk there on a Friday.

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas