[geeks] Fahrenheit 9/11

Steven Hill sjh at waroffice.net
Tue Jul 6 03:02:19 CDT 2004

> Honestly, I enjoyed "Super Size Me" more, I found it more
> intellectually "provocative" than "Farenheit 9/11"... In "Super Size
> Me" there is a reasonably scientific basis for it's assertions - Mr.
> Moore just says what he thinks...

Mr Moore thinks?

> I remeber reading "Dude, Where's my country?" and it just annoyed me,
> and watching this movie reminded me of that experience...

You see, that's what I am afraid of...

I haven't seen the film, don't really want to see the film - but
probably should see it, just so I can give a slightly more informed view
on the matter. I really don't want to sit through Michael Moore's
amateur dramatics for so long that my ears bleed. Bowling for Columbine
was bad enough.

> As for his assertions, I can not say - having wacthed his movie, I
> find myself in possession of slightly less than one side of the
> argument...

Well, it is not a documentary - unfortunately so many people will view
it as one. This disturbs me.

--
Steven Hill

"If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use? Two strong
oxen or 1024 chickens?"
 				- Seymour Cray