[geeks] PowerBook G4 - what is 'hot'

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Mon Jan 26 11:11:58 CST 2004

PowerBook G4 Question - what is 'too hot'?

I'm a new owner of a pre-used PowerBook G4 -it's been 'on' for 7 days
now - a few hours ago I noticed that the case around the hinge area,
and especially where the ports are in the back, are 'hot to the touch'
- I only really noticed because the function keys were warm to the
touch.  No handy way to measure 'how' hot the case is but if my kid
were this hot he'd be in bed and dosed with meds and cranberry juice.

I got used to this level of warmth from my old Dell laptop ... Is this
normal for a PowerBook?  Perhaps it's attempting to compensate for the
sub-zero weather we're having in Wisconsin right now ...

Brian Dunbar
Systems Administrator

Display some adaptability