[geeks] This Litle Green Monster...

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Fri Jan 23 13:28:24 CST 2004

Tell them to start with POV-Ray on a 386 with 4 megs of RAM and they
will learn better than most animators/modelers i see today :)

BTW: i was animating a particle system made up of individual green
chili peppers coming from an exploding hot sauce bottle with the
peppers reacting to dynamics.  It could have been done with 2D mapped
particles but the dynamics thing would have been shot.  Hell, i only
had ~45-55 particles in the whole system and the pepper objects were
cut down about as far as i could get them poly wise.  Max was a
resource hog back then (and may still be, i wouldn't know these
days), but there were some things that it could do at that time that
nothing in it's price range could even hope for.  Wavefront could
have handled those particles in a much more elegant manner, but that
was an SGI and mutli-grand software away from me at the time.

/KRM

keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/