[geeks] WTF - Linux on a laptop...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 27 13:41:56 CST 2004

> From: Francois Dion <fdion at atriumwindows.com>
> Date: 2004/02/27 Fri PM 04:29:59 GMT
> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [geeks] WTF - Linux on a laptop...
>
> Lionel, did you give up on Solaris on that laptop? I'm
> running firefox on sol 9 x86 on a IBM 770x and it's fast
> and rock solid.

No, I was just using my other Tecra for checking email & hitting a few web pages, and the near-constant grinding of the HD while swapping was driving me nuts!

I'm still on the fence about buying the WLAN drivers to take my Solaris x86 laptop wireless... $100 is a lot for the driver. but it would be nice ;^)

Also, what is the magic to get the Solaris Contributed Freeware onto a CD-R? I am not familiar with the filetype for the freeware CD image, but I was able to cut the OE CD-Rs fine (supplied as .iso images)