[geeks] guitar pictures

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Feb 20 22:22:05 CST 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 09:52:21PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Yep.  In fact, I can do so in a bit and record some stuff.  I love the
> amp effects, there's also wah, flange, chorus, delay/echo, etc.

Here it is.  Nothing but the guitar going straight into a Mac, me
playing the guitar and wearing a pair of headphones.  Three different
effects settings.

http://www.mrbill.net/newguitar.mp3

About 1:48 long.  First section is just me going through the notes.
Volume on the guitar is at 10 (cranked), tone is at 5 out of 10.

Note:  I suck.  No warm-up, the guitar's action hasn't been adjusted like
I like it, and these are the "came with it" strings.  I'm also getting back
into playing seriously after not doing so for years - my calluses are gone!

I use the intro to "Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns N' Roses as a warm-up,
thats why I play it over and over at the end (and screw up a few times, ugh).

For shitty tuners, this thing stays in tune reasonably well; I only had to
really adjust the low E.  Need to put some graphite on the nut, I get a
"tink" when tuning the non-wound strings.  Heck, I need to just replace the
strings with what I prefer (Ernie ball Super Slinkys, the pink package,
.009-.042)

Bill

--
bill bradford