[geeks] USB > DB9 converter recomendation

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Feb 20 13:45:54 CST 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:

> I love my Keyspan adapter. I have had zero problems with it.

Seconded.  I have only two complaints, neither of which are specific to
the Keyspan:

  1) The /dev entry has a fscking long name.
  2) The port you plug it into on the powerbook dictates one character
     of the device name.  So, if you create a symlink to take care of
     #1, you need to remember to consistently plug the device in to the
     correct port.

Like I said, though, that's not specific to the Keyspan.  That's a USB
thing.

The Keyspan itself is very reliable, tiny, inexpensive, and Just Works.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."