[geeks] Terminal Services security

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 15:35:05 CST 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:22:12 -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> If a FINANCE company is asking you to expose a machine with financial
> data to the Internet, furthermore a WINDOWS BOX with REMOTE

I don't know if it's just me, but most suppliers that I've dealt
with seem to be spectacularly clueless when it comes to security. I've
yet to meet one who wants *more* security for their application (and
we're not overly tied down), they all want less ... an open telnet port,
all open ports, or an open ISDN router into the network on which their
application sits.

The sighs of anguish when we insist they use everything over ssh tunnels
always makes my day brighter.