[geeks] Terminal Services security

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 14:49:27 CST 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:05:31 -0500 (EST), Kevin wrote:
> Is it considered "safe" by most, to have MS Terminal
> Services unfiltered and directly internet facing?

Not by me. There's been exploits for Terminal Services in the past, and
it seems to be possible to brute force passwords (google for 'tscrack').

> Personally, i don't think that having any MS OS directly
> facing the net is a wise decision, but our payroll processor
> seems to think that Win2k Terminal Services is some type of

Perhaps it time to point out that perhaps he's right, but as computer
security is more your area than his then it is more likely that you are
right. And is payroll an area to gamble with ?