[geeks] Terminal Services security

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 14:30:38 CST 2004

--- Kevin <kevin at mpcf.com> wrote:
> Is it considered "safe" by most, to have MS Terminal
> Services unfiltered and directly internet facing?

No.

I've used Citrix (very closely related to MS Terminal Services) for the
last few years, and the two places I worked either used Checkpoint
Firewall software to establish a VPN connection or used SecurID cards
to controll access to the Citrix servers over the public internet.

I would never put Terminal Services out on the internet "unprotected".

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall