[geeks] Pallet wrap ?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 08:39:23 CST 2004

--- Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> I've got a number of computer systems, mostly Sun, that I'd like to
> store in my garage.

OK

> Unfortunately, I've got some bugs (spiders, etc) in the garage, and
> its very dusty.

I take it you are choosing to keep the bugs/dust? ;^)

> Has anybody here ever worked with "sealing" equipment boxes, and also

> equipment not-in-boxes?  I was thinking that I could just "shrink
> wrap" everything in heavy-duty industrial plastic wrap and put it on
> shelf, and that would solve both the dust and the bug problem...

Why not just use packing tape & trash bags? The idea is to be air
tight,  correct?

I've used tall kitchen bags & tape to secure the open end with several
systems I've shipped over the years, and  it seems to work out fine.

The idea is that you put the piece of equipment in one end of the trash
bag, fold it over, roll up the excess, then tape the rolled up end to
the bag itself. As long as you don't touch it, it should be fine - if
you will be handling/moving the units frequently, you may want stronger
bags/plastic. I assume the bugs will not attempt to burrow into a
non-food containing bag, correct?

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall