[geeks] ethanol...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 27 19:00:48 CDT 2004

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 @ 17:26 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> Neither does "fossil" fuel.  The new thermal depolymerization technology
> that's currently under development can aparently process most forms of
> municipal waste into semi-refined solid elements plus light crude oil,
> and do it at a rate capable of ending the US's dependence both on
> landfills and on foreign oil.

Also, what about that company that is opening up power plants that
are supposed to burn most any biomass into various forms of fuel for
burning.  Supposedly they say every year we throw millions of BTUs of
energy away as chicken scraps, "waste fuel", and other things.

It's one of those things I'm going to have to see first, but evidently
a university in Georgia is running part of their operations on such a
generation plant.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["There is no such thing as security.  Life
is either bold adventure, or it is nothing -- Helen Keller"]