[geeks] SPAM stats, was something about temptation and spam

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 13:45:32 CDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:33:13 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> I've had to waste a lot of time explaining to them that the headers
> are forged, and that I don't run a box which can get a virus like they
> are seeing.

Encountered the kooks who refuse to believe you yet ? "I'VE REPORTED YOU
TO THE FBI YOU SLIMY SPAMMER!!!!". It's amusing the first time (esp. as
all my addresses end in .uk), but gets very rapidly annoying. Mind you
very occasionally you get a nice thanks for explaining a spam.

> 404 Not Found error...

Try http://blackhairy.demon.co.uk/notes/spam-count

Not enough coffee this morning :)

> I have written my own program, but it isn't ready yet.

Neither's mine. I keep coming up with ideas for it, but never seem to
find time to extend it.