[geeks] USB to PS2 keyboard adapter question (Mac)

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Apr 13 12:55:21 CDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 10:07:23AM -0500, Mike Parson wrote:
> I use my Happy Hacking PS/2 keyboard on a G4 (running Linux) via a
> PS/2->USB converter, no problems.  When I boot up MacOS under MOL, the
> key that's mapped to Windows works as the Cloverleaf/Command/Apple key
> and alt is alt/option, just like it should be.  Going the other way, for
> fun, I've plugged the Mac USB keyboard into a 'doze box too, keys map
> that way too.

Yep, I'm currently using MacAlly iKey keyboards on both the PMG4 at home,
and on a generic Athlon PC box at work.  I'm just looking at using some of
my pile of nice PS/2 keyboards with the Mac via a USB adapter, but only if
I don't have to load any special drivers, etc.

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas