[geeks] 4th Amendment Gone

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 17:22:55 CDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 22:40:21 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Sun, 04 Apr 2004 @ 11:18 +0100, Mike Meredith said:
> > On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:21:23 -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > > The Britain I remember was perfectly willing to commit genocide
> > > whenever they had the power to do so.
> >
> > And what genocides did they commit then ?
>
> I said they were *willing*.

And I say they weren't. Now we've got two unsubstantiated allegations
facing each other down.

> Bad choice of words maybe... but they certainly were willing and
> sometimes able to decimate the populations of those whose territory or
> resources they wanted.

Stealing someone's land is one thing. Decimating them is another. You
usually want the original population to help make you richer.

> Of course, many times the "genocide" was limited to just the males.

That's called war.

Neither of these things are good nor pleasant, but neither come anywhere
near the deliberate policy of killing off a whole 'race' of people.
Compare with the Nazi's attempt to kill of the jews and gypsies, and
Stalin's efforts in this area.

If you're going to slag off the British, at least stick to stuff we've
really done (there's plenty to choose from).