[geeks] 4th Amendment Gone

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 15:30:42 CDT 2004

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 16:37:03 -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> > 3 .. Have you a source for this 'scrourging of the glens' ? I did a
> >      quick google and found nothing, although there are plenty of
> >      wordy descriptions of the battle and the aftermath.
>
> Not a quick one that I could find for you.  Try "scouring of the
> glens", that was another term used.

Tried both forms on google and found nothing. Tried 'scouring of the
highlands' and found nothing other than a woman's account of her
'previous lives'. Had to resort to dead trees :)

Seems there was a particularly bloody aftermath to Culloden, but it was
probably exaggerated as the main source of information is a book written
by a Jacobite priest. Just for once, history was written by the losers
:)