[geeks] 4th Amendment Gone

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Apr 3 20:21:23 CST 2004

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 @ 13:56 -0800, N. Miller said:

> On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 18:49:12 +0000, "Mike Meredith"
> <mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk> said:
>
> > You don't necessarily need guns in a revolution (the Indians managed to
> > get rid of those 'orrible English without), but if you do need them
> > there's always ways of getting hold of them.
>
> Only because the British were too civilized to start shooting the unarmed
> in large quantities.

You remember a different Britain than I do.

The Britain I remember was perfectly willing to commit genocide whenever
they had the power to do so.

> Don't think the US gov't would have that qualm if
> the
> vultures in DC felt their "entitlements" to be in jeopardy.

Depends on what you mean by "US Gov't".  It is a machine with many
different parts.

> To wit: Kent State, Ruby Ridge, Waco...  Not all that much political
> pressure in those scenarios at all--not the kind that would result
> from open rebellion.

That's not a valid comparison.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["There are nowadays professors of
philosophy, but not philosophers." ]