[geeks] 4th Amendment Gone

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Apr 1 16:35:00 CST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, N. Miller wrote:

> I have tossed around the idea with friends on numerous occassions whereby
> positions in Congress are filled by draft.  Each and every American,
> barring those with chronic illnesses or mental disability

I assume you mean "a legal status of mental incompetence" rather than
"mental disability", right?

> Individuals could chose a second 4-year stint, separated by a minimum of
> 4 years, should they like doing the work well enough to want to put in
> additional service.

It's a neat idea, but you'd need to find a way to stagger the turnover
so that things would grind to a hault every four years.

Then again, congress completely shutting down for a few months would
mean they couldn't screw anything up during that time.  Sounds good to
me!

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."