[geeks] SPARC proprietary

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Thu Sep 25 09:06:44 CDT 2003

I do believe this should just be put to rest.  The term
"hacker" no has no relation to it's older form and
that's that.  Sad but true.  The general public has had
their definition of the term firmly in place since the
mid eighties.  It sucks, but there's no changing
it now.  It's way too far dug in.

Most of those x86 exploits that are attempted on *nix
machines are from worms and other automated attacks.
Not that there aren't stupid kiddies out there, but
most can at least muster an nmap or queso run before an
exploit is attempted.  The stupidest things that i see
done by actual humans involve massive parallel TCP
connect scans from the same dail up IP or lame ass
smurf attacks done against core internet routers.

/KRM