[geeks] SPARC proprietary

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 11:59:49 CDT 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:51:27 -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 03:43:39PM +0000, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> > How'd the script kiddies ever get the honorable name "hackers"?

Well, not everyone who attacks computers is a script kiddie ... the ones
who know what they're doing are worthy of respect (not that I like what
they do, but you have to respect their abilities). Personally I call
them 'crackers' but I guess the battle over the word is lost.

The media thinks that breaking into computers is difficult despite
evidence to the contrary. You soon see just how dumb they can be when
you see them trying x86 exploits against an alpha/sparc/mips.

> Let's get one thing clear up
> front:  If everything you know about guns was learned from Hollywood
> and the media, then everything you know about guns is wrong.")

Just s/guns/*/g and it'd be just as right.