[geeks] The new G4 iBooks - anyone getting one? (looking for feedback)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 06:29:00 CDT 2003

--- Mike Hebel <nimitz at nimitzbrood.com> wrote:
> On Friday, October 24, 2003, at 09:58 PM, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> > Return to Castle Wolfenstein works fine on a G3 400 with Radeon
> > Mac Edition. 1024MB RAM.
>
> Except that the card you speak of does not exist - for the most
> part - in notebooks.  And the 12" iBook has only and 8meg card
> - at least my original plastic one does that is.

The new G4 iBook has 32 Meg video RAM and a Radeon 9200 chipset...

http://www.apple.com/ibook/graphics.html

BTW, my 15" Ti is still stuck... I tried to install OS X 10.1.1 (the
only original CD I have) on an external firewire drive, but that failed
on restart it seems (still working on that).

My plan now is to try and get an OS running, copy off the files,
install a larger HD (40 Gig instead of the existing 20 Gig) and rebuild
my laptop. My 10.1.1 installer doesn't have a "repair permissions"
button, and the "repair" and "verify" now complete fine (there was a
broken cluster or two prior to the "repair")...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall