[geeks] The new G4 iBooks - anyone getting one? (looking for feedback)

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Fri Oct 24 20:11:28 CDT 2003

On Friday, October 24, 2003, at 04:18 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Where to buy an iBook - macmall.com has some decent looking offers (max
> the RAM (for $39), free Epson C84 printer (after rebate), free shipping
> (after rebate), etc) and they take about $5 off the list price from
> Apple!

Don't fall for that... it's not worth it.  If for some reason your
machine is DOA, it might take months to fix.  MacMall and the other big
vendors tell you to take it to an AASP which usually means CompUSA for
most people and have those bojos fix it under warranty.  Everything is
much easier if you use Apple Store.

(proudly clutching my Panther copy that came this afternoon)

Andrew