[geeks] The new G4 iBooks - anyone getting one? (looking for feedback)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 15:18:12 CDT 2003

Hello all,

I am tempted by the 12.1" 800 MHz G4-based iBook APple just introduced,
and I'm wondering about others opinions:

G4 iBook vs G3 iBook - the prices on the G3 iBooks seem high in
comparison

Where to buy an iBook - macmall.com has some decent looking offers (max
the RAM (for $39), free Epson C84 printer (after rebate), free shipping
(after rebate), etc) and they take about $5 off the list price from
Apple!

This is either for my wife (a graphic design person), or for me, and
I'll give her my 500 MHz G4 PowerBook (15" model) - which would make a
better "desktop" machine (when hooked up to a monitor, keyboard,
mouse)? I think that is how my wife will likely use "her" Mac...

How is 802.11b/g in the iBooks? The Ti PowerBooks have a seemingly
limited range (due to case design, etc.)...

Thanks in advance!

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall