[geeks] Dog Be Gone

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Oct 22 10:49:01 CDT 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> I dunno... am I the only male geek who thinks prairie dogs are just as
> worthy of life as any other small and cute woodland/desert creature?

In the wilderness, sure.

But on the farm, they're pests.  They carry disease, -kill- the grass
(as opposed to cattle, who just graze), and leave those awful holes for
people and livestock to hurt themselves in.  They're about as useful as
hairy termites.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire