Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Oct 20 23:39:23 CDT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:28:52 -0400
Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Oh, I dunno about that.  Lots of people do.  So long as you yourself
> don't physically hit or get hit by anything hard, and you slide rather
> than tumble, your protective gear should take care of most things.
> Tumbling is bad ...  tumbling breaks limbs.

I'll second that.  I've been down twice - the second time put me in the
hospital for a week.  I've got big-ass bone scars to remind me to put on
my leather whenever I go riding.  It held me together the last time....

> Still, at 200mph ...... wreck pretty much *anything* at 200mph and
> you're likely to get pretty seriously smashed up.

I Was fucked up enough at 45mph.  I do *not* want to dismount at
anything faster.

--
Kurt                        "I'm utterly clueless...."
kurt at k-huhn.com                          Verisign VP Chuck Gomes