[geeks] Swords

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Mon Oct 20 15:04:22 CDT 2003

On Monday, October 20, 2003, at 11:25 AM, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Now, I don't go for asian swords, normally, I'm more enamored with
> Celtic and German blades.  Any good thoughts on makers for these?  I
> want a bastard (or hand-and-a-half if you're sensitive to the language)
> sowrd and a good basket-hilt broadsword.  My budget isn't huge, but I'd
> gladly pay for quality and the ability to use it for it's intended
> purpose.  With a sword as heavy as a bastard, or a broadsword, I don't
> trust a pin tang.

Go to the Ren Faires in your area and talk to the weapons
and armor makers.  The SO bought a nice Roman-esque short-
sword at the one in our area (Silicon Valley) for ~$100 or
so.

In addition to my friend in KC, I have a buddy in Texas that
used to make armor on the Ren Faire circuit in CA.  Between
the two I might be able to get you a referral in your area.

=Nadine=