[geeks] Swords

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Oct 20 12:53:03 CDT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:01:09 -0500
Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 11:54:40AM -0500, nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com
> wrote:
> > Understand completely.  My current sword is the (now) $19 Viking
> > Sword form Bud K.  It's actually quite durable.
>
> Really?  I was wondering about the quality of their $10-20 swords.  I
> don't expect anything other than something to look cool and hang on
> the wall, for that much money.

I've got a couple decent Celtic style wall-hangers next to some antique
bucklers in my office.  They're a little too shiny, but other than
that they're great as decoration.  To the untrained eye they might as
well be real.  Karin actually bought them for me, off of
swordsonline.com.  I don't know how much she paid, but it surely wasn't
more than $25 each.

I have my eye on a bastard sword from them - actually made by Cas
Iberia, IIRC.

> > If I can dig up the link I'll post the one with the guy making
> > Katana out of braided steel cable.  Expensive but worth it.
>
> Wow, please do.

Totally!  I'd love to see that!

--
Kurt                        "I'm utterly clueless...."
kurt at k-huhn.com                          Verisign VP Chuck Gomes