Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Oct 17 20:37:46 CDT 2003

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:30:48 -0700 (PDT)
Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> I was infering that by the constant resort to the occasional "fuck
> you", in the same sense you infer that he was not upset. Maybe "fuck
> you" is some sort of relaxed response wherever it is you come from...

Actually, "fuck you" cn be uttered with loads of relaxation.  I don't
need to be upset to tell someone to bugger off.

> So kurt is 60 years old? Whoah!

Nope 32 this year.  I've had loads of 1000-mile days - which is nowhere
near as difficult as it sounds.  It's actually pretty fun.  You get to
see a whole bunch of country that way.  It's relaxing too.  Just you,
the truck, the road, and your collection of cassettes.  Or, in some
cases, you, the road, and your motorcycle - which is *far* more fun.

> I did not say it wasn't possible, i am just saying that 1.5 million
> miles is very very very very unlikely unles a) one is pretty old, or
> b) one is a professional truck driver of sorts.

Bingo, on "b)".  Not any more, but I still love driving and riding.  A
700 mile day is nothing.  400 miles can be done before lunch.

> Huh? I seriously don't know what an MCSE has to do with this, all I
> was saying is that experience doesn't make an opinion or method
> automatically right. In the same sort of way that training and classes
> doesn't make it right either. Mr. Huhn's arugment is that his
> experience somehow is more important that the road code, which I
> respecfully disagree with. All I have got so far is what a small world
> I must come from type of responses. Never minding that I have driving
> licences from 2 continents, and I have lived and drived in over 6
> countries.

Mother of Pearl!!  Don't ever refer to me as "Mr. Huhn", please!  Mr.
Huhn is my dad.  If you must use the "Mr" salutation, please follow it
with "Attitude Problem".

I never disparaged you or your driving or said you lived in a small
world (or made that type of suggestion).  All I said was that, due to
extenuating circumstances, you cannot always keep a big enough space
cushion.  Some folks, though, would rather quote road code and distill
things into what is in the Driver's Education handbook than consider the
miles of "what if" in between the obviously right and the patently
wrong.

> The point is that it is your responsability as a driver to be able to
> STOP if anything happens in front of you. No matter how obscenities
> and how much temper tantrums some members of this list throw....

Who tossed a temper tantrum?  Was it that Carey, er Gary, er,
whatsisname?  You know, the noob that got kicked?  Obscenities are
farily common with me.  I appologize if they offend, but that shit just
ain't fucking gonna stop.  :-D

--
Kurt                        "I'm utterly clueless...."
kurt at k-huhn.com                          Verisign VP Chuck Gomes