[geeks] (Topic, we don't need no stinkin' topic)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 16:18:57 CDT 2003

--- wa2egp at att.net wrote:

> Unfortunately, in some states, pedestrians have the "right of
> way"...it will be your damn fault.

When in the *crosswalk* - jay walking is still a crime, and does not
grant the ofender the right of way.

That said, it is a common concept/theory in much of motor vehicle codes
that the operator is responsible for their vehicle, and striking
*anything* is the responsibility of the driver - for example, "if you
were in control of your car and operating it safely, why did you strike
the back of the car in front of you? You should have maintained a safe
distance, that is what it means to be in control..."

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall