Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Wed Oct 15 19:46:12 CDT 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Eric Dittman wrote:
>
> > I learned to drive with a manual.  I still don't care for stopping on hills.
>
> I learned to drive auto, but I've been thinking about crossing over to
> the manual side of things.  I just pray I never have to stop at the top
> of the hill on Spicewood Springs Road.

LOL! I drive manual, and I have survived Frisco no problem :), however
most drivers in this country assume everyone in front of them is driving
auto, because most times I am stopped at a rolling hill some moron just
pulls a couple of inches from my bumper. The trick is to know the hand
brake/clutch release trick and you can get in gear with virtually no
rollback. However I still get annoyed when people just pull so close in
hills....

The funnies thing is when I get to drive auto, my left foot gets all
confused :). I once dated a chick that drove an automatic Porche,
aaaaggghhh the humanity! A beautiful engine should always be coupled to a
manual tranny!!!!