Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Oct 15 16:56:26 CDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 02:23:38PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> There was a proposal floated in the UK recently, I understand
> (unfortunately, it didn't pass) which would have required all drivers to
> own and ride a motorcycle for two years before being permitted to obtain
> a license to drive a car.
> Personally, I think it was an excellent idea.

I think driver's ed courses should be taught with manual transmissions.

I won't ever buy a vehicle with an auto tranny ever again - I like having
*control* of my vehicle.

I did, however, learn to drive with an auto, and was SCARED TO DEATH of stopping
on hills when I first got the stick - but I got over it, and *love* it now.

I haven't owned a vehicle with an automatic since 1993.  I do, however, prefer
the "short throw" clutch of my Kia Sportage to the "long throw" cluch I had
on the '87 Firebird.

Bill

--
bill bradford