Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Tue Oct 14 22:57:31 CDT 2003

On 14 Oct 2003, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> thing?  It's the driver that's a problem, not the vehicle.

I, for one, recognize that my Caprice is not the tiny little car that the
85 Sentra is. Much easier to drive when you've got two feet on either side
to the lines -- plenty of room to move around in. The Caprice has no such
luxury and has left me white knuckle a few times.

One morning on the way to work, I took a right turn into a weird little
curve -- the curve is up on the inside and down on the outside. The
sprinklers had been going and had covered the road with water. I didn't
think anything about it and started to pull the corner... By the time I
realized what was going on, I heard rubber squealing and realized the car
drifting. If I had waited another half a second, I would have broadsided a
meadian, and came to rest in the middle of two lanes of a four lane road.

Yeah, I didn't need coffee that morning.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"