Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Tue Oct 14 22:53:25 CDT 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 wa2egp at att.net wrote:

> I cannot tell you how many times I have tossed the mike during driving.  I
> can always apologize to the person on the other end later rather have them
> visit me in the hospital.  I've even tossed the cell phone before I got

I've come close, but never chunked it. I'll try to get it down, but yeah,
in a freakout situation the reflex is drop the mike and grab the wheel.

I don't know where that reflex came from, but it's always been there. When
I had a Nextel i550 (two-way+phone), I made my passengers talk for me.
Otherwise I didn't mess with it. If they would use the two-way side, I was
OK. I'd just turn it sideways and talk on it.

> the hands free gizmo.  BTW, a lot of ham gear has VOX built in and I modified
> a cell phone headset to work on my FT-817.  Works great.  (I don't cuss when
> I drive.)

You don't drive where I drive :-)

Neat idea though. I use mobiles in the car though.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"