Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Tue Oct 14 22:37:14 CDT 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Dan Duncan wrote:
> I don't want a green driver to HAVE a turbo.  When he learns to walk,
> he can get a permanent license and start to run.  Insurance rates
> only partly correct this.  Have you seen some of the rolling stock
> high school kids are driving nowadays?  Man, I had to pay for my
> own shitty car in high school.  My parents didn't buy me some
> new luxury or performance car and nowadays I'm thankful for it.
> Now people have to keep up with the Jones' KIDS!

I have a shitbox cop car with a honking big engine. If I had had it in
high school, I'd probably be dead now.

Little car teach me to drive careful. Big car teach me to drive slow (can
conserve gas).

It's amazing what a motivation it can be to pay for things yourself.
Particularly insurance. That has stopped me from speeding. This month, my
insurance goes down as the last of my three tickets comes off. About
time..

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"