Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (MAJOR RANT)

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Tue Oct 14 10:59:19 CDT 2003

The after market pedals usually have an extra "lip" on
the bottom portion of the throttle that allows your
heel to catch it.  Sometimes these are complete
replacement pedals and other times they are covers for
the stock throttle that add the "lip".  Of course you
can go all out with custom pedals with adjustable
distance between the pedals and pedal height (it's good
to have brake and throttle close to even.)

Pulling it off with a completely stock pedal setup is
possible in some cars but it kinda depends on shoe
size.  I don't think many manufacturers would be
setting it up for heel-toe on purpose, but some do
position the brake closer to the throttle than others.

/KRM

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:37:24 -0400
Mike F <lists at mikef.dyndns.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:17:53 -0400 (EDT)
> Kevin <kevin at mpcf.com> wrote:
>
> > Don't feel bad about the Jetta pedal setup.  It's
> > not uncommon to have to change out your pedals in
> > order to do heel-toe efficiently.
> >
> > And no i'm not quite at that heel-toe reflex level
> > yet either, working on it though......
>
> Hmmm... none of the cars I've had - 6 different cars,
> all of them manual transmission, have been setup to
> heel-and-toe, at least not without some serious
> contortion, or unless I'm not doing it right. I have
> no problem rev-matching when downshifting, but I see
> no way to work the brake and gas pedals with my right
> foot at the same time. Or maybe I'm just not flexible
> enough

"UNIX was not designed to coddle the weak."
				--Fyodor
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/