Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Tue Oct 14 09:09:33 CDT 2003

This is true.  Very few people use the correct hand
positions, cell phone or not, so what difference would
that make.  People try to compare having a conversation
with a driver and a passenger in a car to a
conversation between a driver on a cell phone with
someone far removed from the vehicle. One difference
lies in the fact that when both parties are in the same
car, they can both see potential problems and shut the
fuck up when it becomes necessary.  While this does not
happen all the time, it does frequently make a
difference.

On another rant a bit off topic, it's really pissing me
off how people believe that cell phones are actually an
absolute necessity these days.  There was a recent vote
in the county above mine on whether or not kids should
be allowed to carry cell phones to school.  Several
parents ranted and raved.  One lady in particular said
that because her son was disabled that it was an
absolute necessity that he be able to carry a phone.
Along the same lines, a lady at my job said her son had
to have a cell phone because he was a diabetic and had
to be able to contact her or 911 at any time.  WTF?????
What the hell did diabetics do in the 70s?  My mother
is diabetic and she absolutely refuses to even own a
cell phone.  I understand that they can make a
difference in some emergency situations, and that is
a good thing but that doesn't change the definition of
"have to".

/KRM