Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (MAJOR RANT)

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Tue Oct 14 12:33:47 CDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 09:44:33AM -0400, Kevin wrote:
> As for Skip Barber, you don't need to be able to
> heel-toe as a reflex or double clutch or anything like
> that but you would need to be able to shift as a
> reflex.  I would say that if she has been driving a
> manual daily for a year or so she would be fine.  Of
> course those are my estimates, i don't work for Skip or
> anything :)

Well I certainly don't heel-toe as a reflex.  If that means what I seem
to recall it meaning, it is physically impossible for me to do it in my
car.  However my foot is wide enough that I can accomplish the same
effect otherwise, though it certainly isn't reflex, and most of the
time, I fail to "blip" soon enough or long enough to make it worthwhile
(there is quite a bit of engine lag on my new style jetta).  Good to
know that such skills aren't really required.

Deb will have been driving stick for about a year coming up fairly
soon.  It wouldn't be acurate to say she drives stick every day, but
only because she doesn't drive every day.

But, she will have plenty of time to keep driving stick before we would
be able to afford Skip Barber anyway.