Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (MAJOR RANT)

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Tue Oct 14 08:44:33 CDT 2003

There are times when it's your only option, such as the
wall situation you referred to, but i don't see those
often at all in my experience (hence the "rarely" in
my post.)  I did however witness TWO basic fender
benders in the past couple of months that could have
been completely avoided if either driver had driven
into the problem zone as opposed to putting flat spots
on their tyres.

As for Skip Barber, you don't need to be able to
heel-toe as a reflex or double clutch or anything like
that but you would need to be able to shift as a
reflex.  I would say that if she has been driving a
manual daily for a year or so she would be fine.  Of
course those are my estimates, i don't work for Skip or
anything :)

In my state, Florida, you don't have to have any
special license at all to drive any of these huge SUVs,
at least not too my knowledge.  If they do have some
such requirement, it is certainly not enforced.

Note that i do not have anything against SUVs if a
person/family actually has an actual requirement for
them, but in either event the driver need to be
capable.

/KRM

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:14:15 -0500