[geeks] WebPals for $9.99 + S/H (link to reseller)

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Mon Oct 13 10:14:16 CDT 2003

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 09:45:12AM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:

> I wish I had time to mess with things like this.  I have barely enough
> time for working with stuff as it is. And these things require
> re-flashing, soldering, and other misc stuff just to get working with a
> real operating system.  And what are you left with?  Maybe a good thin

The soldering is only required if you want IDE without adding an add on
ISA card.  Potentially a cheap super care (one that has serial,
parallel, and IDE on one card) might work if it could share IRQs (don't
know that such a thing actually existed), or there is a guy who makes a
supercard specially for the WebPal that has ethernet on it, and IDE.
That would be quite usefull.  IDE is likely to crawl.

Reflashing is no big deal.  If you screw it up, it is probably set up so
that you could use JTAG to fix things.  In fact, it likely has JTAG
already, so you could potentially use JTAG to make a backup and not risk
screwing it up.