[geeks] WebPals for $9.99 + S/H (link to reseller)

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Sun Oct 12 09:45:12 CDT 2003

On Sunday, October 12, 2003, at 07:04 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I came across this vendor selling WebPals for $9.99/ea (plus S/H), and
> I remembered there were a few folks interested in playing with them a
> while ago.  ANyway, here's the link:
> http://www.softwareandstuff.com/h_misc_webpal.html
>
> There are some links to additional info on the resellers webpage...

I wish I had time to mess with things like this.  I have barely enough
time for working with stuff as it is. And these things require
re-flashing, soldering, and other misc stuff just to get working with a
real operating system.  And what are you left with?  Maybe a good thin
X client that displays on a TV or monitor.  Maybe if I were dedicating
it to MP3 player status on the TV but not much else I can think of.
Probably not fast enough to play video...

So, for me at least, it's a $9 bookend.

Man, I'm grumpy this morning.  Maybe some coffee is in order...

Mike