[geeks] DMCA wierdness

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 11 06:28:27 CDT 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 19:55:54 -0700 (PDT), Lionel Peterson wrote:
> --- Gavin Hubbard <ghub005 at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> > Now I understand why we need organisations like the EFF.
>
> Oh, I forgot to mention now Mr. Bill needs the EFF too,a s well as all
> the other sites that mirror this maillist, and let's not forget anyone
> that forwards your prior post... ;^)

Except for those of us in the free world (i.e. without the DMCA). I'd
like to say that the rest of us are staring at the US and saying "WTF
did they do that for ?", but we seem to be copying the idea.

Amusingly enough it raises the distinct possibility that Russia will be
the European country with the greatest freedoms in a few years time.