[geeks] What graphical environments are people here using on Solaris?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Oct 7 16:04:57 CDT 2003

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> I am inclined to use mainly CDE since it comes with Solaris 9, but I
> was wondering if anyone finds other environments preferable for daily
> work on Solaris.

I love WindowMaker.  It's fast, slick, and pretty.  It has lots of
keyboard commands, and -flies-, even with the crappy framebuffer on an
Ultra 10's systemboard.

I'd consider olvwm, too, but the windowshade feature is just so nice in
WindowMaker.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Gamer weenies...are the sludge at the bottom
Elgin, TX          (    of the user swamp."           --Gary Nichols