[geeks] What graphical environments are people here using on Solaris?

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue Oct 7 15:42:45 CDT 2003

I am inclined to use mainly CDE since it comes with Solaris 9, but I
was wondering if anyone finds other environments preferable for daily
work on Solaris.  I am familiar with many environments, however, have
never been tempted to replace CDE on Solaris with them.  I'm looking
for stuff that doesn't break any underlying software, is reasonably
quick, and is not ugly.  Thoughts regarding gnome, kde, and windowmaker
(my old favorite), keeping CDE, etc... ?

Andrew