[geeks] SPARC proprietary

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 17:24:22 CDT 2003

--- Shannon <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 12:16:18PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> > I take it you've never read Wired....
>
> Personally, I tried to, but the color schemes made my head hurt.
>
> Seriously, what is up with that?

I remember older Wired magazines, where they would run a single line of
text across, say, 8 pages - to read it you had to go flying through the
section of the magazine, then go back to get the numerous interesting
bits on each of those 8 pages... It was a mind-numbing experience - it
got so bad, I had to stop getting the magazine because I found the
format too frustrating (it would literally raise my blood pressure!) -
and what made it worse was that I knew they thought this was "hip"...

The other magazine I loved to hate was Open Source (from memory - they
went bust and are now struggling as an e-zine) - they proclaimed the
value of the Open Source model, where all could participate, but they
didn't have any way for readers to contact the editors!

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall