[geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay off topic)

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Oct 6 13:12:37 CDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 10:30:42AM -0600, Dan Duncan wrote:

> Perhaps their checks were late.
>
> The last issue of C&D I read was several years ago when they
> were reviewing top end cars.  They had a Ferarri, a Lambo,
> a Viper, a Porsche 911 turbo, an Acura NSX, and some other stuff
> I'll never actually own unless I rescue it years from now,
> assuming I even want one.
>
> All the numbers pointed to the NSX being the top score and it
> came last or second to last because the interior was plain.

Many magazines have downgraded cars like the Mazda RX8, Honda S2000,
and Subaru WRX because of their interior. It seems they feel that
performance and interior must be hand-in-hand, which I think is dumb.
However, part of their reason for covering that is so many people want
it.

As for the NSX review... I thought the NSX got bad reviews because of
interior quality control, not just being plain, and also some design and
driving issues.

Since some of those first reviews, I've seen a few positive ones as
well, and an owner told me the car is much improved now.

Personally, I'm disappointed in all magazines for not covering
reliability enough.  They share that in common with most
computer industry rags.

UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon at widomaker.com