[geeks] testing

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Fri Oct 3 01:53:43 CDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 09:57:21PM -0400, Bryan Fullerton wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 12:03:24PM -0400, Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net> wrote:
> >
> > Just upgraded it myself, too.  I find I have to apply a minor patch to
> > Mailman/Utils.py to make it use mailman at caerllewys.net as the siteowner
> > address instead of mailman at www.caerllewys.net ....  does it do this for
> > you, too, or does it Just Work for you?
>
> Mailman/Defaults.py says:
> #
> # If you don't need to change DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and DEFAULT_URL_HOST in your
> # mm_cfg.py, then you're done; the default mapping is added automatically.  If
> # however you change either variable in your mm_cfg.py, then be sure to also
> # include the following:
> #
> #     add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>
> Be sure to change these in Mailman/mm_cfg.py, otherwise it'll be
> clobbered when you upgrade.

Oh, I have this set up.  The problem I keep running into is that every
email address generated is correct EXCEPT the siteowner address, into
which Mailman stubbornly and defiantly inserts an unwanted "www." field,
and all the actual list URLs are correct, but links to other Mailman
admin pages are *missing* their "www." field.  I wind up having to do
some minor hackery to make it DTRT in all cases.