[geeks] testing

Bryan Fullerton bjf at bryanfullerton.com
Thu Oct 2 20:57:21 CDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 12:03:24PM -0400, Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net> wrote:

> Just upgraded it myself, too.  I find I have to apply a minor patch to
> Mailman/Utils.py to make it use mailman at caerllewys.net as the siteowner
> address instead of mailman at www.caerllewys.net ....  does it do this for
> you, too, or does it Just Work for you?

Mailman/Defaults.py says:

# Mailman needs to know about (at least) two fully-qualified domain names
# (fqdn); 1) the hostname used in your urls, and 2) the hostname used in email
# addresses for your domain.  For example, if people visit your Mailman system
# with "http://www.dom.ain/mailman" then your url fqdn is "www.dom.ain", and
# if people send mail to your system via "yourlist at dom.ain" then your email
# fqdn is "dom.ain".  DEFAULT_URL_HOST controls the former, and
# DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST controls the latter.  Mailman also needs to know how to
# map from one to the other (this is especially important if you're running
# with virtual domains).  You use "add_virtualhost(urlfqdn, emailfqdn)" to add
# new mappings.
#
# If you don't need to change DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and DEFAULT_URL_HOST in your
# mm_cfg.py, then you're done; the default mapping is added automatically.  If
# however you change either variable in your mm_cfg.py, then be sure to also
# include the following:
#
#     add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
#
# because otherwise the default mappings won't be correct.

Be sure to change these in Mailman/mm_cfg.py, otherwise it'll be
clobbered when you upgrade.

Bryan